Photo Credit: Shayla yla
Lipstick is the easiest makeup to put on and it is also an important beauty product that will enhance your make up. Nude lipstick has become a classic trend among women, whether young or old and it looks good on everyone, however, not all shades of nude lipsticks are perfect for everyone especially with our different shade of skin tones.
Choosing the right nude lipstick to complement your skin tone can be a bit of a challenge even though the lipstick color is so basic, it is important to take precaution in choosing the best lipstick, so you do not end up looking like someone auditioning for a role in a zombie movie.
For people with brown skin, in choosing the right shade of nude lipstick it is important to put in mind that the darker your skin tone, the darker your lip should be. Light shade of nude color should never be on your list of nude lipstick, so your lips do not look ashy and lifeless. Also, you should consider your skin undertone when selecting the perfect lipstick for you, whether it is cool, warm or neutral.
Photo Credit: @jai.t.jai
6 tips to find the right nude lipstick for brown skin
For those with brown skin that have not yet hopped on the bandwagon of the nude lippie craze, this is the best time to do so with these tips in mind:
1. Consider the undertone of your skin – when selecting nude lipstick for brown skin, the undertone of your skin should be considered. The undertone will help to determine whether to go for a cool or warmer shade. If you have a natural or warm undertone, it is advisable to go for a peachy color that compliments the skin tone perfectly.
Women with brown skin are advised to go with nude colors that have peach undertones.
For someone with olive to darker skin tone, nude lipstick of melted chocolate shade is the go-to color, but it is always advisable to go for a darker color than your skin tone. Women with medium to olive skin tone are advised to go for a nude lipstick that has orange or peach undertone
2. Texture of the lipstick – when searching for the perfect nude lipstick, the texture of the lipstick should be taken into consideration. You should note that liquid matte and matte lipstick tends to be darker when applied, so when buying a nude lipstick, you should imagine that a light color will be one shade darker. For women with brown skin, it is advisable to go for nude berry, a nude lipstick that gives a satin or crème finish to give the lips a little bit of sheen is always a right choice.
3. It is better to go for a darker color nude - When searching for a nude lipstick for brown skin, it is best to go for a color that is darker and warmer than your skin color. When shopping for nude lipstick, it is advisable to not wear foundation so that you can pick the right color to complement your skin tone and it makes the process of buying a nude lipstick easier.
But even if you are wearing foundation, you can still test it on your hand. People with brown skin complexion should go for brown shades of nude lipstick as this will make you look fresh and healthy. Avoiding colors that will make you look pale and flat is a perfect guide when filing a nude lipstick. The darker the skin, the darker the nude color should be.
4. Use someone with a similar skin tone as your guide – Nude lipsticks are like a huge fashion statement right now, so you would find it in almost everybody’s makeup kit. The great thing about this is that, it is easier to notice how to get it right. All you need to do is find someone with a similar skin tone as you, someone who already has a nude lipstick of course. If they already got their own nude lipstick right, then you know where to start.
Why this is an awesome tip is that, even if they got the wrong shade for their skin, you know where not to go. And if you do not have people around you with a similar skin tone, then a makeup catalogue is your friend, flip until you find what you are looking for.
5. Natural lip color - Brown skin people usually have darker outer edges of lips, it is advisable to choose a nude color that suits the edge of the lip to prevent the lip from looking ashy. Also, the color of your lip also plays a role in finding the perfect nude lipstick color, those with a lot of natural pigment in their lip tend to have challenges in finding the right color. It is advisable to go for a peachy color or a color that has gold in it.
6. Get more than one shade of nude lipstick – As said earlier, brown skin people have a darker lip outline and that is there for a reason. It means if you want to nail the nude lippie, then you should be considering more than one shade of nude. When you look at makeup artists, you find out that they never apply only one shade of nude, even if they do, the compliment with another shade of liner. This is because they understand the importance of shade.
When you are shopping for the perfect nude lipstick, make sure you are getting two shades; one lighter shade enhances the pout while the other stands as a perfect transition to the skin color. This means you have a color close to the skin color as a backdrop shade, then a lighter shade of nude reserved for the pout.
In conclusion, now you can hop on the nude lippie train and create that flawless beautiful nude lips. These 6 tips are tips that always works, no matter your complexion or your skin tone, selecting the right nude lipstick will be a breeze if you have these 6 tips to guide you. Do not forget to test it before you leave the makeup store.